Saturday, September 2, 2017

Winter Shaker Card using New Kat Scrappiness Sequins

Hello crafty friends! I'm so excited to be sharing my first post as a designer for Kat Scrappiness. For today's card I will be using two Kat Scrappiness dies and some of the beautiful new sequins.

  Christmas Shaker Card featuring Lawn Fawn Winter Sparrows and Kat Scrappiness
The inspiration for this card was receiving some of the amazing new sequin mixes that were just released into the shop including the Blue Steel sequins I included on this project. I have a full video tutorial for you today that you can watch below or watch on YouTube. As always I have a discount code for you. If you're seeing this right away use the code LABORDAY for 15% off or Jess10 for 10% off after Labor Day.

 
I started by stamping and coloring some of the adorable birds from the Lawn Fawn Winter Sparrows stamp set. I colored them in red and green so they would really pop off the blue background I intended to make. I wanted to create a unique shaker panel so I cut the edge of my panel with one of the new Kat Scappiness Scalloped Border Dies. Then I cut a large square from the Kat Scrappiness Never Ending Squares die set. I covered the panel with some Broken China Distress Oxide inks and added a bit of shimmer. I decided to use some vellum instead of acetate to create my shaker window because I thought it work well with the winter theme I was going for.

Christmas Shaker Card featuring Lawn Fawn Winter Sparrows and Kat Scrappiness

For an extra detail, I stamped the little music notes on the vellum and arranged my scene on top of the shaker. Remember it's much easier to stamp before you assemble the shaker. I added the Blue Steel sequins to this card to mimic the look of snow and ice.

Christmas Shaker Card featuring Lawn Fawn Winter Sparrows and Kat Scrappiness

I'm so excited to create even more with the other beautiful sequins and dies that I received.

https://linkdeli.com/widget.js?1504173782969

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!