Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Neat and Tangled Party Ensemble Challenge


Hello crafty friends! Today I have an entry for the latest Neat and Tangled Challenge to make a party ensemble. I was inspired to start with Wild Ones because it was a birthday set featuring my favorite thing to color: critters. I decided to make a card, a cake topper, a treat bag, and a name plate. For more information check out my video below:



I decided to come up with a simple soft color scheme that could be used throughout and was inspired by the animals as well as the treats I had.


I kept my cake topper simple because it is essentially disposable after the party, but I wanted the scale of it to match the cake and be noticed.


I pulled the yellow of the animals into the ensemble a bit more with some yellow candies and again kept the decoration simple as the candy is really more the focus.


However I felt like party guests would get a kick out of a personalized name tag and took a bit more care with this piece. I would make the name tags longer or shorter to accommodate the length of the person's name, but I thought this was another great place to include the party animal sentiment as these name tags are literally designating all the party animals who are attending. The Alpha dies from Neat and Tangled are perfect for this because they are tall and narrow and so they can spell names and make sentiments while still working on small pieces.


I spent the most time on my card for the special person. I really wanted to use the Big Hugs die to balance out the large giraffe stamp and thought the Balloon Duo stencil was a perfect background and a way to incorporate the green from my color scheme.The tiny birthday sentiment from Big Top Birthday modified the Big Hugs sentiment and I look forward to using that trick again.



I hope you enjoyed my party ensemble. I have loved seeing all the other talented designers in this challenge and wish the best of luck to everyone!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!